What IS that stuff they call iced tea?


Why does this tea make me nervous? 1) I once tried a chai at Dunkin Donuts. It was one of the nastiest beverages I have ever consumed. Sicky sicky sweet with this weird thick and grainy mouthfeel. Awful. 2) Their ads irk me. It shows the plastic cup full of iced tea next to these green leaves. Could be tea leaves. Not sure. But it isn't like they are brewing tea from these green leaves, right? Their ads do make sure to tell me over and over that it is "freshly brewed." 3) The press releases about the new offering compared it to McDonald's offering Nestea. Is that the comparison you want to make? Really, what IS Nestea? Any company's description that starts with "Crisp, cold refreshing iced teas in powder..." needs to stop right there. Powder? Have I consumed Nestea? Sure. But it's like the 3 times a year I drink soda. It's carbonated and peculiarly lemony and in a can. I'm not really sure it's fair to call it tea. (I'm sure the Nestea people hate me now. Sorry. I'm sure you're very popular with others.)

Back to Dunkin Donuts. I don't mean to pick on you. Again, love your coffee. Maybe your iced tea is excellent. I should try it before passing judgment. It's like the flavored iced teas at places like Chili's. They're flavored with some kind of syrup. They are super sweet but I do sometimes drink them. They're not claiming to be the Ritz at tea time.

So, I call a truce with you DD. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on about your iced tea. Just promise me you'll reconsider the silly green leaf.



Taken from http://teapages.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment