Tea's Teas - Golden Oolong by ITO EN


I've been really interested to see the range of new bottled teas that have come on the market. These are teas that actually identify the TYPE of tea used (rather than a nondescript "tea" label) and many are unsweetened or lightly sweetened. Some that fall in this category are Honest Tea, Harney & Sons Iced Tea, Anteadote by Adagio, and Tea's Teas by Ito En.

I picked a Tea's Teas Golden Oolong put out by a company called Ito En. I bought it at Shaw's so I suspect it is available at many grocery stores. You can also order it from the company's website. Ito En, based in Tokyo, was the first company to sell a canned version of Japanese green tea.

Ito En states that the Golden Oolong is a blend of 4 Chinese oolong teas. My first sip was such a relief. It actually smelled and tasted like tea! There was no sugar of sweetener to interfere with the flavor. The scent was true oolong and very pleasant. As I sipped I occasionally got an acidic flavor, perhaps the ascorbic acid which I assume is used for preservation. The oolong was not as strong as I would generally brew so it did taste a bit watery to me. In general though it is a bottled tea I would buy again....And THAT is saying something!



Taken from http://teapages.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment