What I'm about to blog will seem common, ordinary and replete of any magical quality, but despite the pedestrian nature of it all, it's changed my drinking habits.
I spent the majority of the summer drinking iced tea. I do not mean the bottled and processed sugar-loaded stuff on the shelves....I mean real, honest to goodness iced tea.
And while this is not a candidate in the realm of "amazing things", I myself was amazed, as up til now, I have never liked iced tea.
I have always thought it took too long and never tasted good anyway....but then...all I knew was the powdered stuff or the bottled stuff and a very nasty sun tea my mother made out of the cheapest Red Rose tea bags....but I digress.
Having found a short cut has no doubt been the biggest factor in my new habit. No longer must I wait for the sun to brew the tea in the yard, and no longer must I brew tea and stick it in the fridge til it cools down....
Simple as it is, you take a container, fill with ice. Brew the tea (though not to full boil). Pour the tea in the container. Close the lid tight and shake it 10 - 20 times and there you have it.
Keep it Mad, Keep it Cool...
Taken from http://teaguru.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment