Stew Sleuthing

My last Tasty Tidbit led to a lot of guessing about the chicken dish I made a few weeks back.

Was it coq au vin, maybe coq au Riesling?

And, as spacedlaw put it: "Not too sure about what the purply-pink things are supposed to be..."

Well, they were not only "supposed to be" but actually were chicken gizzards, inspired by a chicken, turnip and gizzard stew first presented by Ken of Living the life in Saint Aignan.

I really hoped Ken might recognize the dish, although I didn't have turnips and our final results do look pretty different. The funny thing is that one of his faithful readers, who occasionally drops by my blog but had never commented, made the connection from Canada.

Whatever the story, the stew was delicious, and finally gave me something to do with a packet of frozen chicken gizzards that had been languishing in the freezer for a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment