Happy Hundred Posts!

100 POSTS !

Today is a landmark for Cuisine Quotidienne -- my 100th post. When I started this blog on a chilly winter's day last December, I truly had no idea what I was getting into. 100 posts later, I can say writing CQ has brought a lot of positives into my life : a fun hobby, more enthusiasm about cooking for my family, interesting contacts, and even a professional blogging job for an American company.

Although Cuisine Quotidienne only gets about half as much traffic as my other personal blog, La France Profonde , I have no plans to give it up -- especially because of the contacts and idea-sharing I get from my sidebar pals. Some of them are true artists: Mercotte, Béa and Ivonne never cease to amaze and inspire me, and I cherish their comments on my blog. But the real purpose of Cuisine Quotidienne has always been to write about everyday French cooking, so I also want to acknowledge Anne , Hélène , Estelle , and Zounette who share simple recipes that I -- or you -- can really cook after a day at work. And a special mention for Emily, who shows us her daily lunches out in Paris.

By the way, quotidienne means "everyday" or "daily" -- in English the word "quotidian" exists but is rarely used. I found out last summer in the States that a lot of people didn't understand the meaning of my title. Although my cooking is a daily affair, the blog isn't; at one point I had thought of trying to post daily, but with all the other writing I'm doing, that's not possible for now. But click on by for new posts once or twice a week -- and thanks for coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment