Some simple desserts

Sometimes I like to be sophisticated (look at my Valentine proposal) sometimes I like simple things. And today I go for simple desserts.
I start with this baked apple I did. I peeled 4 apples (I used the Belle de Boskop type, if you do not find it, try the Pink Lady),


I emptied the middle and put a tablespoon of Calvados (apple brandy, if you do not have any, use Cognac), added 4 Tbsp of water in the pan, and baked them 25 minutes in medium hot oven. The result is great, isn't it?

Another delightful presentation is a "verrine" of cream cheese mixed with a tsp of both vanilla and honey, toppled with home made preserve. I sprkinkeled some pine nuts on top.
Here you see the apricot preserve I did last summer in the Sarthe (west of Paris). I still have some jars left! I also made plum preserve, cavaillon melon preserve, and pear preserve. I have some every morning with my low fat yogurt.
In season I often serve plain ripe strawberries with red "cremant" from the Loire (cremant is a French sparkling wine). I do not add any sugar. Oh, how I look forward to having strawberries in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment