March Motivation

Is anybody in France motivated by cooking in March? Other than those of you who live in Provence or on the Riviera?

I always find this a problematic time for motivation of all sorts, but especially the culinary variety. I know it is now officially spring, but we have had decidedly chilly temperatures for a week and even some snow.

The typical harbingers of spring cuisine, asparagus and strawberries, don't seem to be available yet in any palatable form in Aveyron -- which is why I'm looking to other blogs to illustrate them!

Nice blogs though: I had never run into Confiture Maison, a fairly new food blog in French written by Vanessa in Minneapolis, Minnesota. But why does she already have access to asparagus?

And Eric B. of A boire et à manger turns everything he whips up to gold, even Spanish strawberries. His blog has been a favorite of mine for a long time, so check it out if you speak French.

In the meantime, I'm freezing and have nothing on my cooking inspiration list. Last year, my kids were fed up with eating soup at the beginning of February! So you can imagine the situation now.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment