TV, Radio and a Killer Cocktail

Later today we will be the proud new owners of British television.

When we first moved to France and were offered English telly I was guilty of saying (in a rather scornful, snotty way) that, "I didn't move to France to watch English television."
Oh, how things have changed!

Four years ago, Canal Satellite was pretty decent. They had some great French channels, offered a few channels in English and a good number of the movies were played in VO*, not dubbed. A little more than a year ago they dropped a couple of our favorite channels and almost all the American/British series and movies were shown dubbed into French.

Now, I know we live in France and they speak French and their television should be in French, yadda yadda yadda. I get that.
But why, for the love of god, do they have to dub almost every decent English language film into French??? What is wrong with subtitles????

So, I've completely reversed my opinion about British television. I apologize for being so disapproving of you. I cannot wait to welcome you into my home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm proud to report that my husband is embarking on a new venture. Starting at the end of September he'll be hosting a one hour a week radio program on Radio Marseillette! He's calling it Xpat Blues and it will offer interviews, upcoming events, weather (there isn't any traffic out here other than the occasional tractor holding things up) and the Blues.
You can listen to Radio Marseillette live, via your computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last May we bought some amazing Pomegranate Liqueur during our visit to la Charente-Maritime. We've kept it cold in the fridge and occasionally sipped a small glass. We didn't want it to disappear too quickly!
Last night we went all out and made cocktails with what was left in the bottle, mixed with vodka and some freshly squeezed lime juice. YUM! They were sweet and tart and fabulous and strong! We rarely drink anything but wine so it felt very decadent.

Did I mention how strong they were?




*version originale or original language

No comments:

Post a Comment