CQ HQ August 2007

A guessing game,

a revelation,

and a vacation...

that's what you'll find in this month's CQ HQ.

First, the guessing game.

What's this quick and easy dish on the right?

Hint: it was obscenely easy, and used only two ingredients.

Second, the revelation.

I have figured out why food blogging is somewhat more challenging than many other types of blogging...and why my food blog all too often falls by the wayside.

To create other blogs, you just have to blog. But to write a food blog (drum roll) -- in most cases, you have to cook first! And next, you have to come up with a nice photo of what you made. Then, and then only, do you get to the blogging part. It's actually quite a complicated process.

These are definite barriers to my making Cuisine Quotidienne what I wanted it to be when I started it. The truth is, I don't cook enough because I am overwhelmed by work, home, family...and blogging!

Hmm. I think I need to take a little time to think about what I'm doing with this blog, which leads to...

A vacation!

Is it my imagination, or are a lot of food bloggers more or less on vacation this summer? It seems that I've been dropping by some of my favorite food blogs and finding major lulls in the most unlikely places.

Personally, I'm not doing any cooking right now. I don't have that much to write about here, although I'm having a lot of fun here, here and over there.

So, it's official. Cuisine Quotidienne is going to take the month of August off.

What could be more French, after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment