The Recipe With The Lamest Directions EVER- Thank You Rachel Ray

First of all, let me just say that I have no opinion about Rachel Ray.
When we left the States and therefore access to The Food Network, she was still doing little shows like $40 a Day and I thought she was fine. Not great, but not terrible either.
I've read that people now either love her or think she is the devil's spawn. Whatever. As I said, I have no opinion one way or the other.

That may have changed today after attempting one of her recipes.
It's official title is Potatoes With Chorizo and Onions. I'm taking the liberty to change that to The Recipe With the Lamest Directions EVER.

I read it through and thought that it looked pretty straightforward. Had all the ingredients on hand and there's nothing better than some smoky, spicy sausage cooked with potatoes and onions. I read the bit about flipping the potatoes and onions so the chorizo was on top and thought that part looked a bit weird. It was.
And virtually impossible.

Everything is loose in the pan, so it doesn't turn neatly, so the chorizo doesn't end up on top. It gets all mixed in and by this time it was nice and crispy and didn't need to cook any more.
Why didn't she just say to take the chorizo out of the pan with a slotted spoon, layer the potatoes and onions, stir them around a bit, then put the chorizo on top before putting the other pan on? I ended up having to pull each little slice of chorizo out, burning my fingers in the process.

Lame, I tell you.

It was delicious though. Creamy potatoes, sweet onions and caramelized bits of chorizo.



P.S. what is the deal with EVOO? Does it take that much longer to say Extra Virgin Olive Oil than Eee Vee Ooo Ooo?

No comments:

Post a Comment