Tough Day of Tasting

It was a tough job.
But somebody had to do it.

I selflessly volunteered my time yesterday to help a friend in need. You see, she needed to do some research for her work which involved several meetings, and hours and hours of driving around the region.



I knew she would need some help navigating the small roads through the vineyards to the Châteaus and Domaines. I didn't want her to get lost!
And of course she would want another opinion about the glasses and glasses of Coteaux de Languedoc wine she would be tasting.
So, I reluctantly gave up a day sitting in front of my computer to help. I'm just that kind of friend.
Besides, how could I leave her alone to explore Saint Guilhem le Désert, one of Les Plus Beaux Villages de France? And I didn't want her to have to endure a solitary lunch at a restaurant. A real friend would be there to keep her company.
And I was.


sigh
All that delicious wine tasting, meeting wonderful vignerons and seeing an entirely new area of the Languedoc was tough, but I'm always happy to help out a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment