My blogs runneth over


The "Arte y Pico" award


Just after receiving my first blogging award ever, for La France Profonde, another nice surprise came through my mailbox.

The Phantom Chef of The Belly Rules the Mind selected Cuisine Quotidienne for the above "Arte y Pico award." I appreciate the honor, especially when reading the rather stringent list of conditions for it:

"The terms of the award are:

1. You pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2.Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and the link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of the award.

When thinking about my choices, I realized that although Phantom had chosen cooking blogs, there was no stipulation about that; just "creativity, design, interesting material" and contribution to the blogging community.

To that end, I've cooked up an eclectic list of five winners, some from the culinary blogosphere and others from places far beyond:

Tongue in Cheek

The expat blog to end all expat blogs. Actually it's much more than that: lessons about love, life, and death against a backdrop of French antiques and memorabilia.

Chez Loulou

Food, fresh takes on the French countryside, and La Fête du Fromage. Also an inordinate fascination with abandoned buildings, which is right up my alley.

Siouxwire

For interesting content, you can't do much better than Siouxfire's "journey through art spanning both high and low brow across disciplines." I could spend days there.

A Title? What's in a Title?

Spacedlaw writes her primary blog, Spaced Out Ramblings, on Livejournal, but keeps this little jewel of a blog here on Blogger. Charming photos and music to go with them; nothing more.

L'ennui mélodieux

I'm glad I got this award so I could pass it on to Randal, because I can't quite imagine giving him the cute one with a red heart on it. L'ennui mélodieux's topics range and derange from poetry to politics, classical music to craziness, hockey to hard rock...and please forgive him for the ones (which I won't mention but in my case start with "h") that don't ring your bell because the rest is so damn brilliant.

The winners have been duly notified, and will certainly come up with some great choices of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment