Chevre chaud



Sunday evening. We wanted to have a light supper. What about a simple salad, a toast of baguette, and a slice of fresh goat cheese?
I chose a "cornette d'anjou", a crisp, yellow, well wrapped salad that I bought a week ago over at the market ... that's a good proof that it was very fresh (try to keep a week a salad you get at the supermarket!).
I cut slices of baguette that I toasted.
Then I cut two slices of fresh goat cheese that I bought over at a local producer in Sologne, where goat cheeses are great (try the Valencay).
I broiled the toasts, put them on the seasoned salad, then I made two turns of the pepper grinder (which had A World in a PAN mix of peppers and bays), olive oil, and it was ready!

A pineapple was given to me by a friend who has family in Ivory Coast (hence it was bought less than 200 miles from their home!). It was sooo sweet!
In the afternoon, I made my own version of Marylore's blog Take the pineapple peels, put them in a pan with 4 cups of water (1 lt), add two cinnamon sticks, some cardamon seeds, some sugar ... and a teaspoon of green tea.
So delicious that we had it as our dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment