The Joys of Marmiton.org


Saturday I bought a turkey hindquarter (cuisse de dinde) at the local supermarket and Sunday, I was of course faced with what to do with it. A quick look through some of my cookbooks didn't do the trick, so I searched for recipes on Marmiton. This wonderfully practical and cheery website is my favorite online recipe source, and it didn't fail me: I had a choice of a number of turkey hindquarter recipes, and opted for "Cuisse de dinde et sa symphonie de légumes au four."

The recipe, which basically consists of little more than plopping the turkey in a baking pan and surrounding it with eggplant, zucchini and tomato slices, was indeed a big hit, as simple and delicious as the writer promised. Since tomatoes are out of season, I spruced it up with sun-dried tomatoes and red bell pepper.

If you are able to read French and interested in truly useful recipes, I highly recommend this site. It does have an English version, Let's Cook French, but for the moment only a few hundred recipes are available on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment