Le Timbre, a Parisian restaurant

My good friend Daniele knows many restuarants, book shops, and hidden places in the 6th district where she lived as a student. She invited me Chez Marcel and not long ago, and recently treated me to le Timbre an intimate restuarant (12 tables) at 3 rue Sainte Beuve, very close to Luxembourg Gardens. The traditional cuisine carte is written on a blackboard and placed outside de restaurant; here you can have an excellent three course meal for 32 Euros (appetizer, 8 Euros, main course 17 Euros, dessert 7 Euros). All the dishes are prepared by Christopher, the owner, in the rather small kitchen. Following Daniele's advice, I chose an Hure de Joues de Porc as an appetizer; it was served warm with a light capres sauce. This choice would not have been the one I'd had done alone! I'd said ... mmm... pork cheek .. not for me. However, I must say it was really delicious! The main course was boudin our blood sausage, served over three Spanish style red peppers (pimiento piquillo), duly peeled, roasted, and stuffed with home made mashed potatoes. Dessert, which had to be light after such a meal, was a delicious abricot and peach compote with a home made crumble on top, served on a verrine. I have made this dessert many times since and have had great success!Coffee was served with a home made biscuit.
For reservations, call 01 45 49 10 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment