Dear Bucharest

Belle Epoque beauty


Dear Bucharest,

I wanted to like you. Really, I did.

I was excited to experience all that you had to offer and arrived with an open mind and a sense of adventure.

My disappointment isn't your fault. I can see that you are being mistreated. Your faded, crumbling beauty is still evident, despite the neglect. I loved your friendly citizens, gorgeous Belle Epoque architecture and beautiful churches.
You have such potential!
There were moments when I could see past the decay and ignore the atmosphere of organized crime that seemed to permeate everything. But they were brief moments.

I know that there are people who care for you and are proud of you. I hope that one day they will lovingly restore you to your former glory. You deserve to be cherished and looked after.

Unfortunately I won't be visiting again any time soon.
You and I just didn't "click."
However, I wish you all the best in the future.


Kind Regards,

Jennifer

Bucharest Old Town - apparently the road works will continue for years





Stavropoleos Church - interior, gardens and restoration still going on


No comments:

Post a Comment