Seasoned Eatings!



Somehow in the busy craziness of December, I managed to participate in a nice blogging event organized by Katie at Thyme for Cooking and Lindsay of Country Girl City Living.


Before thanking my Secret Spice Santa, I'd like to say chef's hats off to the organizers of "Seasoned Eatings!"





How anyone can keep a blog event like this straight is beyond me. I somehow managed to mess up even my modest end of the affair: sending my package a day late, not understanding the exact feedback requested, missing the deadline for the round-up, and so forth.


But it was still fun, and I want to thank the person behind Mele Cotte -- I have her name, but she seems to be quite anonymous on her blog, so I'll leave it at that -- for the lovely package sent from Marietta, Georgia. I couldn't have been more spoiled: not only some great herbs and spices, but also all sorts of fun Christmas treats!


Thanks to this package, I will finally learn what exactly Old Bay seasoning is and how to use it! I've heard of it but don't think it's that well known in the Pacific Northwest, and certainly unheard of here in France.


And someday, I will make the fantastic jambalaya recipe that my pal included in the package. But maybe not right away, and certainly not in time to write it up anywhere near the deadline that I'm already late for....


You see, this weekend I'm busy using the special Christmas Post-it shopping list that I got in my package to finally to get organized for my Christmas meals -- which start tomorrow with a special "Christmas off" meal with friends.
Cheers to all the participants and happy holiday cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment