Easter Table!


I like to dress special tables for holidays and celebrations. This Easter I am displaying stone eggs throughout the month. I bought them in many of our travels in Africa (Kenya, Zimbabwe, and South Africa) and South America (Brazil and Uruguay). I placed them in white porcelain egg holders.
The picture shows my Good Friday table. The water tumblers are Daum, and the wine glasses are no special brand, but they match in size the tumblers. The gray round plates bear square white soup plates, and I do like this contrast. My fish cutlery is Ercuis. The water carafe is in blown glass and I bought it in Mexico. A square Japanese tray holds the salt, white pepper, and black pepper grinder. (The red napkins are paper napkins ... )
As for the menu, it had to be from the sea (no meat on Good Friday, says the catholic tradition). I had chosen to start with a prawn veloute, and follow with sea bass fillets with sauteed carrots, and pear and chocolate clafouti. We had a white Corbieres with this sea menu meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment