Strawberries

I have been inspired by Erin's blog to do my own fruit tart. I chose strawberries as it is my favorite fruit of the season.
When at the market, I avoid large spongy strawberries.
The strawberries I chose are very soft, red, and tasty, and they "explode" in your mouth with juice and lots, lots of flavor. So I used them whole. The result was beyond expectations! Fresh Strawberry Tart This recipe has very little sugar, the strawberries I used are so sweet that tehre was not need to add sugar on the fruit.


Another season preparation for fresh strawberries is Strawberries in Sparkling Red Wine They are presented in a glass bowl and you add the red sparkling wine at the last moment. When I serve this dessert, we drink the same wine for dessert, a Loire red sparkling wine from Saumur Champigny. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment