Blueberry preserve in my suitcase

This is my 280th post. Visit Aurea for more about this preserve.I made blueberry preserve before leaving Santa Monica and brought it well warpped and packed in my suitcase to my Paris home. I am going to enjoy it in winter with my morning yogurt.
I had 4 lb of beautiful blueberries brought by Dorothy, a good friend. I washed them well and bought 2 1/2 lb sugar.Put the blueberries and sugar in layers in a stainless steel pan. Leave overnight.
Start cooking over very low heat. Stir frequently. When it boils, make sure the sugar is completely dissolved, stir, and lower the heat. Let cook 15 minutes.
Boil a large kettle of water and pour in the flasks and lids. Remove the water and put upside down until dry. Put next to your pan, turn the heat off, fill the flasks with a laddle until the edge, close tightly and turn upside down. Let cool and store. \Once you open a jar you must keep it in the fridge and eat it in 2 weeks time. Excellent with French Toasts, yogurt, sour cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment