Mango Maple Lassi



When is a smoothie more than a smoothie?  When it's a lassi, of course!  

I always order a mango lassi at Indian restaurants.  But they're dead simple to make at home.  I've given a little spin to the recipe, to capitalize on the beautiful jar of Vermont Maple Syrup I made off with from the farmers market.  

While not traditional, neither am I, so this lassi and I have that in common.   The other thing we have in common is that you're sure to enjoy our company.  You do enjoy our company, don't you?!


Mango Maple Lassi
Makes 1

1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk (any kind you like)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon maple syrup, or more to taste

Chuck it all into a blender and, well, blend.  Drink.  Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment