Lao Zhuni Yixing

Also from Yunnan Sourcing. This is a Lao Zhuni, I,m not sure what Lao means, I,m assuming red, I don't know really. I also am not clear as to whether the gravel or sand is something that,s added to the clay or if it is inherent. But either way it add,s an interesting surface texture. This pot unlike the Hei Zhuni Pot does appear to be made from the same clay through and through. These pots are not the ones held in high regard or in high esteem by collectors, but they are definitely a good value. A good, well made solid pot that holds heat very well and pours like a dream. This is the pot I always grab when I,m being indifferent about tea, whatever tea is sitting closest to the kettle is what this one gets used for. I mean it,s always some type of oolong, probably more often than not Dan Cong but whatever.It,s capacity is 150 cc still a good size for gong fu brewing for one or two people. Again the price on this one was around $35.00, a good price for a pot of this quality.
And like some of my other Yixing, with consistent, daily use this pot transforms into a deep, dark brick red color with an oily sheen. For someone on a budget but still wanting a high quality, well made Yixing you cant go wrong with Yunnan Sourcing. Scott,s always got dozens to choose from. Not to mention an outstanding selection of Puerh.

The potters name, Tian Zhong. These pots are extremely sturdy and strong. Even if you were to drop it, it,s doubtful it would break or even crack.

P.S. Thanks Will, in the case of this pot Lao translates as old, so..... a pot made from old clay. Traditionaly made high quality clay is aged for however long and I guess that improves it in some way. Seeing how the price of this Yixing was $35.00 I doubt that the claim of this being made from old clay is true.







Taken from http://teadork.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment