Photo du Jour

a beautiful, natural centerpiece


Meeting new people can sometimes be a little nerve-wracking for me. This time it was easy.

On Tuesday I had the pleasure of spending a good chunk of the day with a group of eight who have come to stay in a gîte in our village for part of their European vacation. We were introduced through a friend of a friend and hit it off immediately.
They are a mélange of Americans and Germans who currently live in Seattle and love food, wine and traveling as much as I do. And they all have a magnificent sense of humor.

After a shopping trip to the morning market in Olonzac, we gathered in the evening and cooked together and shared stories and drank some stunning local wine that they introduced me to (yes, I was embarrassed that I'd never had it before, so I owe them one).

Here's to new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment