Cyril Lignac en ligne



You know what you are, you're gonna be a star...

and I'm gonna be a fan.

Cyril Lignac is becoming the French Jamie Oliver , and Cuisine Quotidienne might come along for the ride.

I must admit I've never watched Cyril's TV show Chef, La Recette! But now that "Chef" has launched a magazine, this blogger is getting interested.

When I brought home the very first issue of "cuisine by Cyril Lignac" and my 16-year-old daughter said she loved it "trop," I knew I was onto something.

Mind you, I do have a few issues, so to speak, with Cyril. He bluntly informed me in his first magazine that my Belgian endive salad needed un relooking. And there it was -- a dish that could have been my own beloved Belgian endive, Roquefort and walnut salad sadly sidebarred in a black and white photo marked "Avant."

But I'll forgive him.

Then there is the rather liberal use of English in "cuisine by Cyril Lignac" -- I guess we could start with the magazine's title. I'm no staunch defender of "French-only" policies, but when Cyril's mag features "un people," Olivia Ruiz, I have to cringe. Also I have to admit that I didn't even know who ce? cette? people was until I read about the good fun the singer had making her favorite profiteroles with Cyril.

But I'll forgive him.

I'm not so sure I'll forgive him, though, for the recipe "Tiramisu d'avocat aux framboises" -- raspberry and avocado tiramisu -- on page 59 of the March-April "cuisine by." But Chef tells me that it's all part of "la funky attitude" -- and "la funky attitude se travaille."
Sorry, Cyril, but I haven't worked on ma funky attitude the past few months.

I hope you'll forgive me...

But I have bought your second magazine, and I can't wait to read it -- if I can get it away from my daughter, that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment