Great Green Gaspacho

Cooking is off to a good start this fall -- thank you for asking!

I haven't gotten back to blogging that much yet, but I have been doing a lot of cooking. I have also been going the extra kilometer to get colorful, fresh ingredients into my kitchen...and that is at least half the battle.

Today I brought starters back to our Saturday afternoon lunch table. They had been absent for many a year...which is a pity. They are my favorite meal course, and I think we don't get enough of them in this household.

Enough introduction. This afternoon, I tried out "Gaspacho Vert" from the August 2007 issue of Elle à Table. This recipe is so simple it's almost ridiculous: two avocadoes, two cucumbers, two limes, a bit of garlic...and blend it all up.

I added a tiny bit of cream because I think it takes the acidity out of this type of soup, and served it just barely cold...a few sprigs of parsley on the top...delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment