Fun, not food...

Back in November, I was tagged quite a few times. My theory was that NaBloPoMo was leading to the increasing quantity of these little games bloggers play...and I still have not responded to a tag from Kate Hill that dates back to about that time. (Kate, I still haven't forgotten about it!)

This time, though, I'm going to get onto the latest tag right away: one from the charming Eleonora at Au fil de mes rêves d'amour. It's in French, though, so what to do?
Just for fun, I'll keep the topics in French but put my answers in English. Then if you really want to find out what the question was...I mean, I'm sure you'll just be dying to know...à vos dictionnaires!

I think the name of the meme is Les César du bonheur -- Les César are the French equivalent of the Oscars.

1 ) Le dernier livre que j’ai savouré :

Neither Here Nor There by Bill Bryson. I love Bryson but didn't get into this one as much as the last book of his I read: Notes From a Small Island. Parts of Neither...rang a little dated, but I still enjoyed it.

2 ) Le film qui m’a le plus transportée :

Singin' in the Rain, especially the dance number "Moses Supposes."So silly but so brilliant.


3 ) Le plat que je mets au dessus de tout :
Scallops, cooked just about any way.

4 ) Mon plus beau souvenir des 10 dernières années :
Seeing one of my daughters play little Cosette in the Capital Playhouse "Kids at Play" production of Les Misérables in 2004...and seeing the other one play the role for the Sunday afternoon "understudy show." They've both had other roles since, but that was their first significant one. It was really exciting to see them play in this greatest of musicals -- and a French-American one at that!

5 ) L’instant beauté que je préfère :

The what? Hmmm...that implies that there could be more than one...or that there could even be one...I think something is missing in my life here. Maybe I need to pick up more inspiration from My Inner French Girl.

6 ) L’endroit où je me sens le plus moi-même :
My parents' house. Still.

7 ) Mes petits moments de bonheur :
-Leaving the house to go to work when the sun is just coming up...
-Seeing both of my daughters happy after a day at school, or anytime really...
-My first cup of coffee in the morning...
-Catching up with a friend over lunch out...
-Coming out of class and feeling really good about what went on there...

Well, there's not much food in that post, but it sure gave me some good exercise -- all that linking! I'm positively exhausted.

To carry on, I think I'll just tag a few French-speaking food bloggers: Cassoulet Café, Emily and Mimi.

No comments:

Post a Comment