La Fête du Fromage-Charolais and Chèvre Bleu


Well, it looks like I accidentally repeated a cheese this week. I picked up a couple in Béziers last Friday without consulting my list, et voilà, I purchased more Bleu de Chèvre, thinking that I had tried a Bleu de Brebis before. It looked completely different than the Bleu de Chèvre I bought last month and even had a slightly different name, Chèvre Bleu.
So, we got to taste this one again. Not such a terrible thing....
I also picked up a little drum of Charolais.

This Chèvre Bleu, pictured on the right, is made locally, in the Corbières. It is covered in ash and matured to perfection.This chèvre has a lovely, tangy flavor mixed with the taste of aged goat's cheese that I enjoy so much.
A glass of Corbières red was the perfect pairing.


The tall, cylindrical Charolais comes from the granite plains of the Charolais region of Burgundy, in central western France. It is a férmier cheese, traditionally made from two parts raw goat's milk and one part raw cow's milk.
Charolais is discreetly salty and slightly sweet flavored with a nice, long finish. It's texture is chalky, dense and rather dry. I loved the way its flavor opened up in my mouth and thought it was excellent.
Enjoy a glass of Beaujolais with this cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment