Happy Halloween!


Boo!

Enough breathtakingly gorgeous photos of pumpkins and orange squash! For Halloween, I'm posting one of my family's favorite vegetable dishes: carottes à la crème.

I usually use Roger Vergé's recipe from his vegetable cookbook -- it has a few nice added touches -- but simpler versions will do the trick quite nicely too.

By the way, after my last post about "comfort food,"an anonymous commenter did give me an idea on a translation for the term: "une nourriture réconfortante."

I agree it translates the idea, and yes I did ask for inventions, so thank you to anonymous!

But just out of curiosity, has anybody actually heard that expression used in French?

Question à mes lecteurs et lectrices francophones: avez-vous entendu utiliser l'expression "une nourriture réconfortante." Ou peut-on estimer qu'elle a été créée pour un commentaire de Cuisine Quotidienne?

No comments:

Post a Comment