CQ HQ November 2007

November is finding me a bit more positive about CQ than I was a few days back. I'm still mulling over new ideas to make this blog more manageable in 2008, but at the same time, some positive points have come to my attention.

I'm not a stat maniac, but I do consult my Statcounter account from time to time, and over the past few months the number of hits for CQ has gone way up. CQ used to lag significantly behind La France Profonde; all of a sudden the situation is reversed and I'm getting almost twice as many page views for CQ as for FP. So maybe I'm doing something right!

I also got a nice mention on a clever blog, Serge the Concièrge. Serge is a prolific blogger: six posts on Halloween alone! He does seem to be trying to make some money off his blog, and I wish him luck.

Then I found a whole post about my blogs on C'est la Vie. Adele wrote: "Betty's blogs are all so beautiful, especially her cooking blog!" Now that's food for thought to any discouraged food blogger...

I have also been visiting and leaving comments on more French cooking blogs written en français, but since my blog is written in English I don't often get comments in return. There seems to be quite a tightly-knit community of French food bloggers out there, whereas English-speaking cooking blogs are very numerous and far-flung geographically.

So I 'm trying to reach out to French readers by asking a question in French on each post, since part of what I want to do with CQ is report on how and what real French women are cooking -- especially working women.

Affaire à suivre...

Pour mes lecteurs et lectrices francophones: Qui êtes-vous? Laissez-moi un petit commentaire, je parle français et j'accepte volontiers des coms dans cette langue que j'adore!

And don't forget my leitmotif for the rest of 2007:

Readers, friends, gawkers and lurkers -- your suggestions about the future of Cuisine Quotidienne are welcome. And hey, I know you're out there! Statcounter told me so!

No comments:

Post a Comment