I have been tagged! THis is MY PARIS!

I've been tagged by Karina to do a random meme about Paris! Half souvenirs, half daily life, this is what Paris is to me ...

>> The first monument I discovered when I first visited Paris back in .... 1975 was the Arc du Triomphe, and as I was exiting the metro stairs, as by magic, it got illuminated! >> Parisians love "brocantes", these street fairs where professionals or "brocanteurs" sell old everything, furniture, books, linen, collector's items, and more, (and a lot of junk too). "Antiques" is a more elaborated concept ...

>> Beautiful in all seasons, "la demoiselle", as the Parisian call the Eiffel Tower is a "cliche" favorite that deserves nevertheless admiration and pride...


>> Let it be rugby during the Six Nation Tournment or soccer (football) for the Europe Cup (right now) the French love (to read about) sports; the most sold newspaper in France is L'Equipe, a sports daily.
>> My Paris has plenty of opera, which I learned to love as a child listenting to SODRE. Opera has many faces here, Opera Garnier, Opera Bastille, Theatre de Champs Elysees, and the Chatelet ... most moving experience? Debussy's "Pelleas et Melisande" at the Opera Garnier with Francois Le Roux (so unexpected!) as Golaud.

>> Wine is an art here ... and I have learend to undertsand it - a little tiny bit - with the help of an Oenology course I too this year at the Universiy of Angers in the Loire Wine Country.
>> and cheeses are plenty. Over 350 different types ... one per day of the year ...
>> open markets is something I miss when I am in countries where they do not exist. Parisian open markets are a true regal, you can get the freshest produce ..

>> a taste of things gone ... like this sharpener mobile stand for your knives and scisors that goes from market to market ...
And you?

No comments:

Post a Comment