Another Celebration: Martine's Birthday (2)

Today, I share with you our apperitif (a drink before the meal).
Patrick brought a bottle of Champagne Ruinart , a GREAT champagne to kick off the celebration. We like champagne before the meal (and not with dessert as it used to be served), and they do too, so I knew he was going to bring a (good) bottle from his "cave" (wine cellar). The fruity taste to the chardonnay grapes that make champagne, the limestone flavor given by the soil, and the bubbles were perfect for dim sum. I must tell you I really do not like peanuts and salty cookies before the meal, so I always serve something that I expect enjoyable and that marks the beginning of the meal - as opposed to chips and other similar snacks that cut off your appetite.I buy frozen dim sum from a special shop near my house where I know they are made with care; I prepared three trays in the typical baskets: shrimps, crab, and pork. I started steaming them in a tall pan when I heard the bell ringing. Timing was perfect.

I served one by one, using chopsticks, in white china small bowls, with a little fork. Above you see the pork dim sum.
You see under the glass of champagne, Years of Red Dust, by QIU Xiaolong that I am currently reading - and enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment