Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive!

Le Beaujolais nouveau est arrive! (The new Beaujolais has arrived) read signs at wine bars, wine shops, and restaurants every year the third Thursday of November.
Beaujolais nouveau is a French red wine produced in the Beaujolais region of France, which is South of Paris, roughly between the city of Macon (the Maconnais region) and Lyon (the Lyonnais region)

This wine, made from Gamay grapes, is a great marketing hit!
In Japan, it's really big, and Air France and Beaujolais promote this wine with great success. Those fond of Beaujolais wait for the arrival at Narita airport!

It is a light purple-pink wine that has been fermented for just a few weeks and sold. It can only be sold for a period of time (till the end of the year). Served always a bit chilled (13 degrees C) it has a fruity flavor, pleasant and inviting ... and as every year, we played the game and bought two bottles for the dinner we had on Friday. The 2009 version is quite pleasant!

Note that the Beaujolais region produces other appellations (Certifications delivered in France and Europe that guarantee the origin of the product) such as the Beaujolais villages, Beaujolais, and Beaujolais Cru.

Beuajolais nouveau is fun - but not a great wine! Everybody knows it ... nevetheless ... Enjoy!







Bella has awarded me the beautiful Kreativ Blogger Award and I am very grateful for that. Since this post is about wine, I will play the game of the 7 things about myslef with wine!


1. I learned to like wine only after I got married, thanks to my French husband Jean-Louis. I was not used to drinking wine - at all!
2. Although I do not drink a glass of wine at every meal - like many French do - I cannot think of a good meal without wine.
3. My favorite red wines are Pomerol, but I also love Saint Emilion. The Bordeaux wines are made mostly with Merlot and Caberent grapes.
4. The white wines are prefer are from Burgundy, which are made with mostly Chardonnay grapes, and my favortie is the Pouligny Montrachet.
5. I have been attending a monthly Oeonology course at the University of Angers since 2008.
6. I am trying to learn to understand Burgundy wines, made mostly with Pinot Noir grapes.
7. I always have a bottle of Champagne in my fridge.

The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the award and place it on your blog. (See it up there?)
3. Link the award back to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself.
5. Pass it on to seven (7) other blogging friends (check your comments!).

No comments:

Post a Comment