Los Angeles Philarmonic

When I was little, architecture was in my top list of possible careers. I am quite sensitive to the use of space in general - although my true fascination finds realization in the lay outs of individual homes.One of my "must-see" places in this visit was the LA Philharmonic designed by Richard Gehry. Any angle from inside the building is an exploration pf perspectives!
I was lucky enough to be able to attend Flowering Tree, a wonderful lyric poem by and conducted by John Adams. The libretto is by John Adams and Peter Sellars, a most universal and outstanding artist who lives in LA. I had the extreme luck to see him during the break ... and to chat with. Oh my!The colors and design of the wall to wall carpet are very Los Angeles and the interior is made in a clear very warm wood. I must say I deeply regret that what is announced as Champagne is a simple white sparkling wine, French, sure, but please, do not call this wine Champagne!

Gladly, my encounter with Peter Sellars made me forget this disappointing glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment