A quick fix for a Sunday

Short of ideas? That's how I felt Sunday ... I had been too lazy to go to the open market and I was stuck with an almost empty fridge!
I opened the fridge and saw what I had: I id have dry tomatoes in olive oil, goat cheese, and the usual onions (this time they were red), thyme, flour, butter, and the rest ...
I prepared a pie pastry with the butter and flour (2 cups of flour, salt, 1 stick of butter, 1 Tbsp of water). I made a circle.
I heated the oven at 375F.
I cut five red onions in slices and "melted" them (without browing) in a pan, previously heated with 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
When done, I spread the onions on the pie crust, added the dry tomatoes that I had chopped.
Then I took the goat cheese (a cylinder) and cut it in slices that I distributed evenly on top of the onions.
Thyme, sea salt, olive oil, and 2o minutes in the oven. Miam!
We had it with a salad and a rose wine from Bandol ... and pretended we were still in Provence!

No comments:

Post a Comment