Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights in Iceland

Greetings from Hofn in Southeast Iceland!!
Enjoy the Northern Lights, enjoy the many stars, enjoy the beauty of the night!As a child I lived in the Southern Hemisphere, and the Aurorae Australis made me dream - though I never got to see them! I have finally made the dream come true in beautiful Iceland, where I came to see the .. Aurorae Borealis - because it is in the Northern Hemisphere. So I am so happy to be in this picture standing in the night with the Northern Lights in the back!

If you want to visit Iceland, you have to go to Hofn, the land of glaciers! I stayed at Hotel Hofn where Gisli, the friendly owner, and his wife made me feel very welcome.
This stay was so reinvigorating that I have made a vow to come back!

Credit for the pictures goes to Gisli Mar Vilhjalmsson (with my apologies for the lack of accents that I hope do not change the name) with my thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment