Things in Venice, California (2)

California Dreamin', does anyone remember? The beach, palm trees, a blue sky. Welcome in Venice at dusk.

I have also been to the beach at daytime... but it's so so windy and chilly that I have only looked into the horizon all wrapped up in a shawl and a sweater... There are kites, and surfers, and children around.

Walking around exploring and ... discovering is a pleasant activity! My favorite place for breakfast is Groundworks Coffee, at 671 Rose Ave, Venice. I have at last settled for a double macchiato, a cranberry toasted bagel with cream cheese. I am currently reading Revolutionary Road, by R Yates, and I go every morning around 7 am for an hour of quietness.What is to be said about this cafe wall? A baroque collage mosaic that suits the atmosphere of the city shining and sharing its many sea and sky shades. I have also had lunch at GJelina's, following blogger Rebekka's advice - very nice place indeed though way too noisy for my ears! I asked to be placed in the back terrace to avoid the very loud noise in the main room, but found the music very loud too! The back terrace is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment