The Simple Things


It's not very literary, but when I think of the word "simple," I immediately associate it with cooking.

If only every day I could turn out a beautiful, delicious, yet very simple dish!

Yesterday I succeeded. What were my ingredients?

A fresh, seasonal vegetable (or fruit?) that I already had on hand; "running to the store" is not simple...

A few staples that I always have in stock...

A half-eaten package of something...

No cookbooks, just putting the pieces together...

...and it all came together in less than ten minutes to make a lovely dish.

Simple.

This post was inspired by the Sunday Scribblings writing prompt for the week: "simple." I usually post my Sunday Scribblings on And So Forth, but this one obviously belonged on Cuisine Quotidienne.

For more posts on "simple," click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment