This is NOT a Gourmet Blog!


One of my friends, who writes a sporadic but fun recipe blog in French, told me yesterday that my blog was more of a "gourmet" blog, whereas hers was just about "cuisine quotidienne," or everyday cooking.

Rats! Maybe I have missed my point; maybe I have occasionally been a blog god wannabe. But my goals for Cuisine Quotidienne haven't changed since the blog's creation :

" If your idea of French food is Michelin rated restaurants and the great classics, don't read this blog. If you want to know what working people outside of big cities are really cooking and eating, you might enjoy a read here from time to time." (December 23, 2005)

So, I try to write about how I really cook, keeping in mind that I also work and have a family. I also write about what I see around me -- the occasional trend or observation of what other families do.

Just to prove that this is NOT a gourmet blog, I freely admit that from time to time frozen food from Picard works its way into my cooking -- a point that greatly annoyed another French friend -- who doesn't read English, so maybe he missed a few nuances.

"I looked at your blog, and what did I see -- Picard!" Yes, friend who will remain anonymous -- but who do I see when I go to those temples of gourmet frozen food? A heck of a lot of French people!

No comments:

Post a Comment