A coral table (and pigeon update)

Dear friend Nora is visiting me. We met when we were little (long time ago), we were in the same class in 6th grade!
She's the current President of the Association of Architects of Uruguay, and we've been doing some great sight-seeing, including Guimard and Le Corbusier buildings. Yesterday we went to the Eiffel Tower.
We walked back home to exercise a bit, the evening was perfect. We passed by this beautiful shop on Avenue Mozart and I could not resist taking a picture of the table to share it with you. Coral inspired! The tablecloth is printed with sea shells, the mats imitate a coral reef, the plates have a deep coral rim and a coral decoration in the center ... the total inspiration atunes with the sea theme. I love it!

AND NOW: PIGEON UPDATE!Note this: Parents have not abandoned our pigeon.
I was so desperate that it could die that I typed in Google "sauver pigeon" (save pigeon) and found many forums and even a website that explain quite a bit about the pigeon's life cycle.
First of all I want to thank Pascal and Genevieve for helping me with my stress. I posted a question in forums and they replied immediately!
They explained that at one point the parents leave the nest for longer longer hours, and said that if I saw an adult pigeon coming, and it was always the same and it did not attack our pigeon, everyhting was ok. It must be the father or mother, they said.
I was afraid it would be a pigeon coming just for the food I had put (a mix og yolk, flour, and grains, as I read in a discussion forum). But as I monitored the visitor ... I realized it was always the same. It comes only once and for a short moment (you cannot belive, but I have moved my computer to the living room as to monitor what happens) and the baby screams as soon as it sees the adult, then the adult comes and feeds it putting food in its mouth ... I saw baby pigeon helping himself to my mixture, but only once.
It has started stretching legs and wings and I was told that they leave the nest at 38 days.
We're almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment